Monday, September 06, 2004

ventriloquist dummy-mimes

Today I'm also going to skip any lengthy blog as I've been neck deep this weekend in rehearsals. So today as a special feature we'll have an interview with Pee-Pee the Ventriloquist Dummy-Mime:

So pee-pee when did you start ?
...
Really. Oh wow, you look very good for your age.
...
Yes well don't we all.
...
Yeah.
...
Pee-Pee do you have anything to say about today's short-short story about Mimes ?
....
Yes I think so too.

So without further ado, here's today's short-short story:


CRAM THE FUN DEEPER INSIDE

"That guy was talking in his sleep all fucking night. That's what happens when you commit yourself to a vow of silence. It's gonna come out one way or another. Christ, I hate mimes."

"I can't believe any of us are still here. This is the closest I've ever come to a cult. If there's any sign of kool-aide I'm swimming across that lake to freedom. I don't care how big it is," Tom whispers back to Sam in their tent on the edge of the lake.

"Shhhh, I think I hear somebody coming."

The tent door is flung open with a hugely exaggerated flourish; standing outside with a halo of summer sunshine behind him is one of the weekend mimes. "You guys don't look like happy campers. What's the matter ? There are a million things we can say without using our hands. Just let go of language and let your fingers and hands do the talking," he mimes to them. (He's actually quite good at what he dooes.)

They stare up at him silently and with incredible regret.

"What's the matter, cat got your tongue ?" he mimes.

This weekend will go down in history as the worst ever Language Construction Zone teacher retreat and the word "mime" will never be uttered at the school again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home